Friday 30 October 2015

Happy Halloween


Halloween is not traditionally celebrated in Australia, although in recent years it is becoming more popular.

Around these parts I have been having a little fun sculpturing cakes. Halloween seemed like a great opportunity to try my hand a making a Jack `o Lantern cake.  This was my first attempt at a pumpkin cake, so very pleased with the result.

The cake is a chocolate mud cake with layers of raspberry jam and dark chocolate ganache. As in a previous post the chocolate mud cake is the perfect cake for sculpturing.

The J 'o L found a really good home at the office of Mr T&T and was in good company.





Even if I say so myself, the cake was moist and delicious.  I think the reason people like the mud cake is that it is not sweet, maybe because of the dark chocolate ganache.


Wishing all, who celebrate Halloween a safe and Happy Halloween.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wouldn't know - I haven't ever had it. :`{

      Delete
  2. Even better with a little cream, baie lekker !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I have forgotten the cream!!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, thought it was unlike you to forget the cream.

      Delete
  3. That cake is a beauty! Is the outside fondant? I'm hoping if Halloween is making its way down under, hopefully Thanksgiving will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen let's try and keep some American holidays to ourselves. ;-) My sister makes the most amazing cakes - wish she lived closer so we could sample eh?

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I had so much fun creating the pumpkin. Yes, the cover is fondant. Always wanted to host a Thanksgiving lunch, I may have to transfer the holiday to the following Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still make the best corn casserole eva' - you can keep the baking prize part of the family.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I think we should have a corn casserole bake off. A Thanksgiving lunch with Australian flavours would be good, thinking.....

      Delete